Sunday, October 5, 2008
Intro to Blogging
My name is Geena Knutson and I am currently attending California State University, Sacramento. College is quite different than high school and Sacramento is defiinitely different than where I grew up. I am new to this whole blogging thing and I am still getting used to how it works. I created this blog site for my English 1A class that I am currently taking this semester. This class seems different than other English classes because we are allowed to get involved in the community. The main subject of this class is taking action in our community. There are many topics that I could have chosen, but the topic I decided to follow was childhood obesity. Childhood obesity is a controversial problem in our society. The United States is the most obese country in the world. Obviously, this is not something we should be proud of. Walk down any street, go to a park, or go to the grocery store and you will see what I mean. Childhood obesity is something we should take more initiative in and try to fix. This is why I chose this topic. If we don't do something now, there will be a generation of people missing from our society. I chose this topic to try and help to see that everyone my age lives to be 70, 80, and maybe even 90. I am very interested to see if this whole blogging idea helps me out in my study of childhood obesity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment